Early detection signs that you may have Parkinsons
- Tremors. Tremors in your chin, fingers, thumb are common.
- Smaller handwriting. Do you write smaller than you used to.
- Loss of smell.
- Stiffness in your body.
- Trouble sleeping.
- Trouble walking, pain in hips, shoulders.
- Loss of facial expression
- Dizziness or fainting upon standing up.
- Slurred speech
What should I do if I notice these symptoms
- Work with your doctor and create a healthy lifestyle plan
- Ask for a referral to a neurologist, a doctor who specializes in brain diseases.
- Seek professional help from an occupational therapist, physical therapist or speech therapist
- Begin a regular exercise program to stave off progression.
Parkinsons Disease is a neurodegenerative disorder of the brain and can be difficult to diagnose and is incurable. Prescription medications and good nutrition can help you have better function in your daily life. Many of the symptoms above are quite normal, and may not be symptoms of Parkinsons Disease. Please consult with your physician for further testing and recommendations.
Doctors recommend wearing medical alert identification jewelry if you have Parkinsons Disease or any neurodegenerative (brain) disorder. Check out our Mens and Womens medical bracelets, dog tags and more for your PD medical id jewelry.
What to Engraving on your Medical Alert Jewelery
Here is an example of vital medical information needed in case of an emergency
SEE WALLET CARD
I.C.E. PHONE NUMBER
For further information on Parkinsons Disease contact the Parkinsons Foundation parkinson.org